Ebony Craft is a Proud Supplier of First Class SCHMETZ Sewing Machine Needles in Australia
SCHMETZ has been leading the way in the manufacture of exceptional quality sewing needles since 1851. It is for this very reason that Ebony Craft stocks such a wide variety of SCHMETZ sewing needles for every purpose, fabric and preference; so that you can sew with precision.
Being such a crucial component of any sewing project, it’s best not to skimp on quality when it comes to sewing needles. Find your ideal SCHMETZ needles in our extensive selection below.
Which SCHMETZ sewing needles are best suited to your unique needs?
For your convenience, here is a breakdown of how various SCHMETZ sewing machine needles are best suited to specific applications, to help you make an informed decision when shopping for SCHMETZ needles with us online:
- Denim Needle has a modified medium ball point and reinforced blade to drastically reduce the risk of needle breakage. This makes it ideal for denim, quilts and similar thick woven fabrics (available in sizes: 70/10, 80/12, 90/14, 100/16, 110/18, Assorted & Twin).
- Embroidery Needle is best suited to embroidery on rayon and polyester fabrics (available in sizes: 75/11, 90/14, Assorted & Twin).
- Jersey/Ball Point Needle is designed for sewing on knits and some stretch fabrics (available in sizes: 70/10, 80/12, 90/14, 100/16 & Assorted).
- Leather Needle is ideal for use on leather, artificial leather and other heavy non-woven synthetic materials (available in sizes: 70/10, 80/12, 90/14, 100/16, 110/18 & Assorted).
- Metallic Needle, designed with an enlarged polished eye to accommodate specialty threads by preventing shredding (available in sizes: 80/12, 90/14 & Twin).
- Microtex/Sharp Needle has a sharp point for straight stitches on delicate and microfibre fabrics (available in sizes: 60/8, 70/10, 80/12, 90/14, 100/16, 110/18 & Assorted).
- Quilting Needle has a special taper to shaft, and a slightly rounded point to prevent damage to materials that are being sewn in layers (available in sizes: 75/11, 90/14 & Assorted).
- Stretch Needle is designed for synthetic suedes or elastic knitwear. It includes a deep scarf to prevent skipped stitches (available in sizes: 75/11, 90/14 & Twin).
- Topstitch Needle is extra sharp, with an enlarged groove to accommodate large diameter threads and dense fabrics (available in sizes: 80/12, 90/14 & 100/16).
- Universal Needle is your standard sewing needle, containing a slight ball point, for general use with knit and woven fabrics (available in sizes 60/8, 65/9, 70/10, 75/11, 80/12, 90/14, 100/16, 110/18, 120/19, Assorted, Twin & Triple).
About Ebony Craft
Established in 2012, Ebony Craft’s founders boast more than four decades of expertise in the sewing and crafting industry. That’s why we only stock the finest quality craft supplies, and offer them to Australians for affordable prices, with convenient nationwide shipping (free when you spend $95 or more in a single transaction).
Not only do we thoroughly test each and every product for quality and durability before we add it to our comprehensive online store, but we also offer our customers an enticing rewards program with attractive discounts.
Contact us for assistance
At Ebony Craft, we are here to assist with all your enquiries. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Items 1-24 of 40