Interfacings,Trace & Toile
Get Started With Our Fabric Interfacing, Backing and Pattern Supplies
Ebony Craft offers an extensive range of fabric interfacing, backing and pattern supplies as per your craft needs. From iron-on interfacing to fusible webbing, you’ll truly be spoilt for choice at Ebony Craft!
Not sure which product will best meet your needs? Keep reading for some useful information.
Our interfacing fabrics
Interfacing is meant to be permanently added to fabric, and can either be fused in place using an iron (in the case of fusible interfacing) or sewn in place. There are several types of interfacing available, each with a specific use. These include:
- Woven interfacing: comes in various weights and is meant to be used with woven fabric such as cotton
- Knit interfacing: is actually a knit, and will therefore stretch slightly with your knit fabrics
- Fusible fleece: soft and lofty, this type of interfacing fuses to the fabric, adding a thick layer that makes it easier to hold a specific shape
- Fusible web: is adhesive on both sides, meaning it is mostly used for appliqué. It can also be referred to as Vliesofix or Heat ’n Bond.
From sewn-on interfacing fabrics to iron-on appliques in Australia, there’s no better place to shop than Ebony Craft.
Our embroidery stabilisers
Our Stitch & Tear Stabilisers are used for backing freehand or machine embroidery. Place or hoop to the underside of the work to give embroidery or novelty stitches support while work is in progress. Temporary product to be torn away from back of the work and can be used behind buttonholes. The three types of stabilisers to consider are:
- Tear-away: Very paper-like, this stabiliser works well with lightweight fabric and light stitch work
- Wash-away: This stabiliser dissolves in water after stitching, and is most suitable for stitching appliqués or when a bit of stabiliser is needed on the fabric’s right side
- Cut-away: Usually used when working with heavy stitch work, cut-away adds firm support to the fabric.
Shop our fusibles and stabilisers today, or pick up other craft supplies as needed via our extensive catalogue. When shopping with Ebony Craft, you can be sure you’ll receive a superior quality product, at a fair price and within a reasonable time frame.